Carol represents clients in many areas of law. Contact her today for a free initial consultation.
AREAS OF PRACTICE:
- Traffic violations
- Misdemeanors including theft, assault, disorderly conduct, drug possession,
non-support, violation of a protective order (DVO)
- Felonies including drug trafficking, drug possession, assault, burglary, flagrant
- Violation of probation
- Juvenile offenses
- Divorce and dissolution
- Grandparent visitation
- Child support
- Child custody
- Domestic violence
- Child dependency, neglect and abuse
- Maintenance/spousal support
- Prenuptial agreements
- Personal Injury
- Power of attorney
- Living wills
- General practice
– United States Supreme Court
– United States District Court of the Eastern District of Kentucky
– United States District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
– Salmon P. Chase College of Law, Northern Kentucky University
– Indiana University
PAST EMPLOYMENT POSITIONS:
– Busald Funk Zevely, P.S.C- associate attorney
– Family Law and Criminal Defense Attorney
– Kenton County Attorney’s Office
Prosecuting attorney handling misdemeanor and felony prosecutions as well as paternity and child support establishment and child support enforcement.
Kentucky Department of Public Advocacy
– Criminal defense attorney representing indigent defendants charged with felony, misdemeanor, traffic offense and juveniles offenses.
The Family Medical Leave Act: Standards of Proof and the Impact of Desert Palace on Retaliation Claims. 28 N.C. Cent. L. J. 68 (2005) (co-authored with Richard Bales)
Carol L. Risk is an adjunct professor at the University of Cincinnati since 2013. She teaches law classes in the Business Dept., Criminal Justice Dept., and Paralegal Dept since 2013.
Carol L. Risk is also a special subject instructor for the Ohio Peace Officer Training Academy (OPOTA) teaching various units to cadets in the Ohio police academy.