Carol represents clients in many areas of law. Contact her today for a free initial consultation.
AREAS OF PRACTICE:
- Traffic violations
- Misdemeanors including theft, assault, disorderly conduct, drug possession,
non-support, violation of a protective order (DVO)
- Felonies including drug trafficking, drug possession, assault, burglary, flagrant
- Violation of probation
- Juvenile offenses
- Divorce and dissolution
- Grandparent visitation
- Child support
- Child custody
- Domestic violence
- Child dependency, neglect and abuse
- Maintenance/spousal support
- Prenuptial agreements
- Personal Injury
- Power of attorney
- Living wills
- Landlord/tenant disputes and evictions
- General practice
– United States Supreme Court
Salmon P. Chase College of Law, Northern Kentucky University
– Juris Doctorate
– B.A., Economics
PAST EMPLOYMENT POSITIONS:
Busald Funk Zevely, P.S.C- associate attorney
Family Law and Criminal Defense Attorney
Kenton County Attorney’s Office
– Prosecuting attorney handling misdemeanor and felony prosecutions as well as paternity and child support establishment and child support enforcement.
Kentucky Department of Public Advocacy
– Criminal defense attorney representing indigent defendants charged with felony, misdemeanor, traffic offense and juveniles offenses.
The Family Medical Leave Act: Standards of Proof and the Impact of Desert Palace on Retaliation Claims. 28 N.C. Cent. L. J. 68 (2005) (co-authored with Richard Bales)
Carol L. Risk has been an adjunct professor at the University of Cincinnati from 2013 to present. She teaches law classes in the Business Dept., Criminal Justice Dept., and Paralegal Dept.
Carol L. Risk is also a special subject instructor for the Ohio Peace Officer Training Academy (OPOTA) teaching various units to cadets in the police academy in Ohio.